Join us as a Chief Risk Officer
- This is an opportunity to take on this high profile role, and have a tangible impact on the RBSI Luxembourg Business as it grows
- You’ll be responsible for providing oversight and challenge to First Line of Defence on material risks, their impact on risk appetite and overall adherence to the Risk framework across both the Funds Banking and Depositary businesses
- You’ll provide a credible Second Line of Defence challenge to Business Senior Management, advise the Board, business teams and Group Policy Standard Owners on the effective management of risk
- You’ll have regular interaction with the regulator responding to requests and queries on behalf of the Business
- It’s an excellent chance to put your existing skills and experience to the test and build a wide network of stakeholders in this exciting new career challenge
What you'll do
You’ll provide technical expertise and challenge to the development of a risk appetite framework, as well as detecting inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate execution risk to the desired level and challenge appropriateness of Risk Appetite.
You’ll oversee the risk framework in each business to ensure it is fit for purpose including communication, training and awareness of these frameworks and the Three Lines of Defence model, including conducting suitable assurance.
- Lead and manage the delivery of the strategic and operational risk plan
- Deliver and embed an effective culture of risk management and awareness
- Support with managing the relationship between the business, the wider business risk and controls team to make sure that the risk framework balances control and reporting needs with the needs of the customer
- Develop strong risk awareness across the business and contribute to prioritising, designing and implementing the risk framework into the business, making sure that the business is compliant with our policies and statutory requirements
- Implement a robust governance framework that engages all relevant stakeholders to enable effective decision making, and to make sure that all aspects of risk management are delivered
The skills you'll need
You’ll perform the role of Regulated Risk Officer, which means you’ll need detailed knowledge of Local law approved guidance and best practice pertaining to the prevention, detection and containment of key risks, and the steps required to achieve and demonstrate compliance. This is a ‘Key Person’ appointment requiring regulatory consent from the CSSF, and personal liability is attached to this job.
You'll need a risk management or regulatory background, project management skills involving complex processes and technology issues, and a strong understanding of the organisation’s operating processes.
You’ll also need:
- A proven understanding and practical application of risk management principles
- Good knowledge of the organisation’s businesses and associated products, processes and technologies, including Funds Banking and Depositary
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills and be comfortable operating in a multifaceted and multi-jurisdictional model
- A clear track record of delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills, and the ability to view the impact of issues from a wider perspective