Join us as a Business Support Assistant
- You’ll enjoy significant variety providing and analysing information, coordinating activities, planning effective interactions with key stakeholders and accurately completing a variety of administrative tasks
- We'll look to you to deliver effective business support to leadership teams, gaining great exposure to senior stakeholders
- Along with valuable exposure, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills, and you'll gain insight into how we operate as a business
- We're offering this role for a period of 18 months
What you'll do
You’ll be acting as a point of contact for managers, responding to queries on their behalf and finding effective solutions to enquiries by liaising as necessary with other teams and colleagues and escalating when needed.
You’ll also be monitoring activities such as project support, event planning and coordinating, authorising team expenses on behalf of managers, sending out local team communications, and maintaining business continuity contact lists.
You’ll also be:
- Providing crucial administrative and organisational support to the Head of NatWest Markets in Poland, including supporting with diary management and coordinating complex meetings with internal and external parties, and assisting with the inbox, making sure that all emails are actioned
- Supporting the direct reports of the business leader in various business support activities
- Providing logistical support such as organising internal and external meetings, including preparing and distributing meetings packs where necessary
- Suggesting areas of customer and business focused improvement in your daily processing and escalating appropriately
- Carrying out other ad hoc administrative tasks in a timely and professional manner
- Delivering and supporting on ad hoc projects
- Supporting the Business Manager with the wellbeing and engagement agenda for the business and other business management tasks where necessary
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience of working in a support or business management role. You’ll also need experience of working effectively with a variety of stakeholders at different levels.
It's crucial that you have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of executing and managing key administrative processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible and proactive approach, with strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal capabilities