Join us as a Provisions Manager
Take on a new challenge in Retail Provisions, where you'll help us develop and lead the production and analysis on granular operational loss forecasts across Personal Banking
You will be expected to provide solutions and enhancements to the forecasting methodology and manage data controls and efficiencies
You’ll build and manage strong working relationships across our franchises, giving you and your work excellent exposure
What you'll do
As a Provisions Manager, you’ll be leading the development of granular impairment loss forecasts, financial value and operational volumes, across all personal products. You’ll monitor the actual performance against forecast, investigating and explaining any variances, and you’ll identify and implement solutions to evolve and enhance forecasting approaches and drive efficiencies through others.
You’ll be responsible for the development and production of product specific forecasts and we'll look to you to provide insight and explanation of variances to actual performance to management and key stakeholders.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting the delivery of the team's objectives and goals, including analysis and investigations
- Ensuring compliance with bank-wide loss impairment policies, including compliance with formal governance requirements
- Challenging accepted practice and driving change to ensure continuous improvements and capability enhancements to existing processes and controls
- Helping maintain a strong control structure to meet internal and external audit requirements
- Showing proactive analytical skills when tasked to investigate provision trends and issues
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be highly numerate, ideally with an associated academic qualification. Additionally, you’ll have a track record in a risk or finance environment, preferably in relation to credit risk performance monitoring and metrics.
You’ll also need:
- Prior experience of data analytics preferably including forecasting and performance monitoring
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with experience in engaging and influencing colleagues in wider banking functions disciplines
- Knowledge of risk management control frameworks preferably including Sarbanes-Oxley control processes, appropriate to credit risk management
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.