- This is a 6-month internship beginning in January 2021, where you’ll be working as an Analyst on our team covering French large corporates
- You’ll have the chance to gain exposure to NatWest Markets full suite of products, and interact with a range of teams across the bank including Debt Capital Markets, Loan Markets, Corporate Advisory, Rates and FX, and Transaction Services
- You’ll need to be fully fluent in both French and English, and hold a study agreement with a French university or business school
What you'll do
This is your chance to gain valuable professional experience and build your career in financial services. Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you need to make a real impact to the team around you.
Throughout your internship, you’ll cover a range of activities relating to client relationship management, including:
- Company and industrial data research
- Structuring and executing transactions
- Financial modelling for specific transactions
- Drafting client presentations
- Managing clients’ risks
- Undertaking financial reporting and analysis
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be fully fluent in both French and English, and be on course to achieving a 13 (or higher) out of 20 or equivalent in your degree. You’ll also need a study agreement with a French university or business school.
Previous experience in finance would be welcome, although not essential.
You should demonstrate:
- Good understanding and knowledge of the main accounting standards
- An interest in economic news
- A strong team ethic, enthusiasm and a rigorous approach to your work
- A strong desire to develop your financial analysis and modelling skills
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
We’re a growing business that values entrepreneurship and innovation. You’ll get to take responsibility and make an impact early in your career at NatWest Markets.