- This is a 3 month internship beginning in early 2021 with further opportunities available later in the year
- You’ll provide support to our Primary Capital Markets and Private Financing teams in Frankfurt and London
- The teams cover Debt Capital Markets (new bond issues) and Solutions transactions (bilateral financial asset financing trades)
What you'll do
This is your chance to gain valuable professional experience and build your career in financial services. Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you need to make a real impact to the team around you.
Throughout your internship, you’ll cover a range of activities relating to client relationship management, including:
- Support Origination and Sales in creating client presentations and updates
- Conduct financial analyses on fixed income securities and market trends
- Organise roadshows and client meetings
- Ensure that all transaction-related procedures are complied with
- Support private-side FI Advisory projects
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be fully fluent in both German and English, and on track to achieve a degree classification of at least 2.3 (or equivalent). You’ll be close to finishing a Bachelor’s degree, in a gap year or studying towards a Master’s degree
Having a degree focussed on a finance-related subject isn’t essential, but we’d expect that you’re able to show how you’re interested in finance and capital markets, for example through internships, university lectures, etc.
You should demonstrate:
- A strong interest in developing a client-facing career in finance, focussing on capital markets and asset financing
- Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
- A strong team ethic, enthusiasm and a rigorous approach to your work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in their work
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
We’re a growing business that values entrepreneurship and innovation. You’ll get to take responsibility and make an impact early in your career at NatWest Markets.