Join us as a Valuation Control Expert
- If you're passionate about financial markets, join us as an expert in the Independent Price Verification team
- This is a great opportunity to get in-depth insight into financial instruments that aren't available in the Polish financial market
- Hone your existing finance skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be executing valuation controls which will include the revaluation of financial instruments based on independent market data and model inputs, as well as calculations of reserves. There will be range of the products under your scope, mainly bonds, exchange traded products and loans.
You'll also support project and process improvement initiatives as well as collaborate with the team leader in the review and challenge of team outputs. And you'll work proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues around the process performed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing commentary of IPV results, including confirmation of prices with external data providers and the front office
- Prudential valuation calculation and reporting
- Verifying IPV and reserves methodology, making sure that the procedures are in line with our policies and reporting requirements
- Making sure that your team provide an accurate and timely service, while ensuring all outputs are validated and delivered in accordance with agreed targets
- Making sure that activity is in line with all relevant external regulators and internal policies
- Making sure that appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk, balancing control, customer service and competitive advantage
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a degree in Finance, significant experience in the financial sector and expert knowledge of Excel, and knowledge of relevant products, including experience of valuation or accounting. You’ll have strong analytical and root cause analysis skills, coupled with the ability to prioritise and manage your time. If you have experience with complex trade booking and validation, this would also be an advantage.
You'll have experience in a financial institution linked with capital markets and a good understanding of cash products valuation, along with advanced Excel skills including VBA.
We’ll also look for you to have:
- A CA or MBA qualification or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of SOX control framework
- Fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to all levels
- The ability to participate in and help deliver change projects, with good influencing and collaborative skills