Join us as a Financial Controller
- You’ll support the delivery of end to end financial control activity
- With excellent exposure you’ll enjoy networking with senior stakeholders across Finance
- Gain valuable experience and hone your expertise as you advance your career in this challenging role
- We're offering this role for a period of 18 months
What you'll do
As Financial Controller you’ll establish and maintain strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders, and deliver high quality and consistent financial, statutory, regulatory and management reporting outputs.
You'll also investigate process or system issues and exercise central control of specific legal entity wide balance sheet controls. We'll look to you to support best practice substantiation application though control framework oversight and engagement.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Undertake reconciliations, accounting, MI and control activities to support the ledger close, reconciliation, substantiation and reporting
- Support change initiatives, process improvements and in system implementations
- Prepare month-end accounting, such as journals preparation, reviews and account reconciliation
- Maintain up to date procedural documentation
- Support systems testing, such as user acceptance testing and system or process improvement initiatives
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring experience in financial accounting and understand revenue, balance sheet, costs and headcount measures. You’ll have gained experience in financial control, reporting processes and accounting, ideally from a banking or financial services environment.
We’ll also look to you to have:
- The ability to make sound decisions to resolve problems daily
- An awareness of policies and external legislations, such as SOX, and risk and control frameworks within Finance
- Experience of delivering core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting