Join us as a Quantitative Developer
- You’ll be joining a team providing development expertise for highly technical and specialist aspects of the analytics library
- You’ll be involved in both tactical and strategic development, refactoring and optimisation
- Working closely with the core quant team, you’ll enjoy a role in a collaborative and supportive environment
What you'll do
In this critical role, you’ll be developing core library infrastructure code. This includes general purpose mathematical and analytical utilities for multiple systems, applications and areas of the bank.
You’ll also be:
- Investigating and introducing new technologies and features into the library
- Migrating, refactoring, restructuring code for newly introduced technologies
- Working on thread safety, high performance algorithms and multi-core, multi-processor development
- Identifying new areas for progress, development and change
The skills you'll need
You’ll have a strong computer science background with strong programming skills. This will include experience with C++, familiarity with VM languages, such as Java and C#, and knowledge of scripting languages including Python and Perl. We’ll also expect you to have general experience or knowledge of financial products and investment banking concepts.
On top of this, you’ll need:
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- A familiarity with DevOps frameworks and technologies
- Linux development experience
- Knowledge of machine level technical implementations, such as binary floating point representations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.