Join us as a Model Risk Manager
- In this key role, you’ll support the bank-wide policy covering the governance and control of model risk, developing, maintaining and promoting the risk appetite setting for model risk
- We’ll look to you to implement and maintain appropriate and proportionate mandatory procedures that define the governance of models
- You’ll gain great exposure for you and your work, with the opportunity to develop key relationships with relevant management, colleagues, model owners and developers and end-users
What you'll do
As a Model Risk Manager, you’ll be maintaining and controlling an aggregated bank-wide model inventory and associated model risk assessments. You’ll support the delivery of bank-wide policy and mandatory procedures for the governance and control of model risk, including related documents required by the policy framework team.
Additionally, you’ll be supporting the model risk control environment and governance process through effective tracking and proactive escalation of Orbit issues, and compliance with the operational risk framework, including RCA.
You’ll also be:
- Working with the team to design and roll-out a bank-wide risk appetite approved by the bank’s executive and cascaded to businesses, functions and legal entities
- Assisting all areas in having appropriate governance and minimum standards in place to enable each area to report and manage their model risk and remain within their executive’s risk appetite
- Working across all asset classes to effectively and proactively support model risk with the management and remediation of its internal and external audit issues
- Deputising for leaders in their absence and making sure the delivery and operations continue to run effectively and efficiently
- Undertaking line manager responsibilities if required, contributing actively to the development of the team, and coaching colleagues
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with significant experience of model review or model development of relevant risk models. You’ll need a strong understanding of the financial industry, more specifically, model-related regulatory requirements. You’ll have prior project management experience with a demonstrated ability to establish a clear direction, set and track objectives, and work closely with senior team members to deliver outcomes consistent with industry leading practices.
Crucial to your success in this role will be problem solving and analytical skills and your ability to communicate with and influence senior management, and develop effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll also need:
- Financial acumen, and the ability to grasp the different model risk indicators tied to the bank’s assets, business lines, platforms, regions, markets, regulations and stakeholders
- Business or commercial knowledge, and knowledge of the wide range of products and related risk management issues across business areas
- An understanding of the regulatory environment relevant to large complex financial services organisations
- Expert knowledge of policy management and control processes across multiple lines of business
- Experience writing and proof-reading papers of sufficient quality to be submitted to regulators and auditors
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.