Join us as a Data Engineer
- This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise to collaborate with colleagues and build effortless, digital first customer experiences
- You’ll be simplifying the bank through developing innovative data driven solutions, inspiring to be commercially successful through insight, and keeping our customers’ and the bank’s data safe and secure
- Participating actively in the data engineering community, you’ll deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction while building your network across the bank
What you'll do
As a Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in delivering value for our customers by building data solutions. You’ll be carrying out data engineering tasks to build a scalable data architecture including carrying out data extractions, transforming data to make it usable to analysts and data scientists, and loading data into data platforms.
We’ll also expect you to be:
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the bank’s data structures and metrics, advocating change where needed for product development
- Building automated data engineering pipelines through the removal of manual stages
- Working closely with core technology and architecture teams in the bank to build data knowledge and data solutions
- Developing a clear understanding of data platform cost levers to build cost effective and strategic solutions
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an entry level programmer and data engineer with a qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering. You’ll also need a good understanding of data usage and dependencies with wider teams and the end customer, as well as a proven track record in extracting value and features from large scale data.
We're currently going through a transition, so if you have experience in one or more of the following would, that would be ideal - AWS or other cloud experience, Hadoop, NoSQL, BDM and Snowflake.
You’ll also demonstrate:
Extensive experience in Informatica, SQL/PL SQL, Unix scripting, Python and Teradata
- Good critical thinking and proven problem solving capabilities
- Experience of ETL technical design, automated data quality testing, QA and documentation, data warehousing, data modelling and data wrangling
- Extensive experience using RDMS, ETL pipelines, Python, Hadoop and SQL
- A good understanding of modern code development practices