Join us as a Fraud Analytics, Universal Data Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills as you help to improve and deliver new business strategies, policies and alerting decisions to protect customers from becoming victims of fraud
- We’ll look to you to provide an expert analytical service so that we can better understand our customers, processes, channels, products and overall business
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility for you and your work as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Universal Data Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help challenge and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you’ll simplify complex data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight to resolve problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities.
It’s a highly collaborative role which will see you working closely with your data colleagues and business stakeholders as well as with the wider areas of analytics to progress projects initiatives, translate business questions into clear analytical plans and promote the innovative use of data across the bank.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Creating a single view of the customer across franchises, channels and products to enable swift detection and prevention of fraud across a customer’s entire portfolio
- Identifying customers who are vulnerable to becoming victims of fraud or scams and delivering enhanced and targeted fraud monitoring
- Coaching and developing less experienced analysts and delivering through others
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Applying appropriate statistical techniques and concepts to develop data led solutions to business problems
- Performs data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis and managing multiple analytical deliveries concurrently
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a keen problem solver with an analytical mindset and strong attention to detail to join us in this role. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
If you have experience in fraud or financial crime domain, this would be ideal. What's crucial is that you bring a strong analytical capability to effectively use data to drive actionable insights that cater to business needs.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Significant experience with analytical or database querying software, as well as data visualisation software, big data environments or using cloud environments for analysis
- Technical skills in Teradata, Hadoop, Python and Tableau
- A track record of delivering a complex analytical service and experience of using statistical techniques to articulate and translate business problems
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- The ability to identify wider business impacts or opportunities across key outputs and processes
- Experience of coaching and developing, and delivering through others