Join us as a CEO Comms Manager & Speechwriter
- This is an opportunity for a driven speechwriter to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You’ll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- It’s a chance to have a tangible effect on our function, put your existing skills to the test and advance your career
What you'll do
You'll be reporting to the Director of CEO Comms & Editorial and, alongside the CEO Comms team, be responsible for drafting and revising key internal and external speaking notes, video messages and written materials, which are delivered by or directly attributable to the CEO. You'll play a critical role in developing the CEO-led narrative and voice for NatWest Group, through CEO-messaging for priority events and publications.
- Draft and agree key speeches, messages and written communications for the CEO which relate to and reinforce our purpose and strategic narrative, including key colleague engagement and external set piece events
- Research key themes and priority activities, in close liaison with business specialists and relevant external stakeholders, in order to build a library of opinion-forming and Purpose-reinforcing content, and deploy this effectively in CEO messages
- Working closely with colleagues across Communications to provide advice and guidance on the consistency of core lines and quality of messaging, for senior leadership across the bank
- Help to draft or edit material for a limited number of ‘mission critical’ documents, including core narrative and financial calendar statements
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Group, especially those in Communications, IR, and Group & HR Strategy, Marketing and the businesses, on key communications projects with regards to CEO messaging and strategic engagement
- Work closely with the CEO's office to ensure a highly developed and consistent approach to tone and narrative
The skills you'll need
You'll need first class writing skills with evidence of broad and varied experience of producing speeches and narrative for senior leaders, and to be educated to degree level or equivalent.
You’ll also need:
- An understanding of the commercial and stakeholder landscape with regards to UK financial services
- Senior Stakeholder management skills, as this role will have frequent contact with the CEO and senior leadership roles across NatWest Group
- The ability to quickly build trust and a good working relationship with the CEO and senior leadership
Please include a cover letter as part of your application
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.