Join us as a Strategy Manager
- This is an influential role which will give you the chance to make a tangible and valuable contribution to our business
- You'll support all aspects of the function’s activities, with a focus on the strategic analysis of business needs and plans, translating this into the future direction of how we use data and technology to drive value through insights via projects, opportunities and associated problem solving, as part of our data strategy.
- You'll be in a strong position to progress within the bank due to the breadth of knowledge gained in such a strategic role
What you'll do
As a Strategy Manager, you’ll be helping to successfully manage the bank’s data strategy and deliver its product backlog, producing customer value in a continuous, iterative fashion. You’ll identify opportunities to creatively develop the strategy in line with evolving techniques and external best practice, and assist in the development of data capability delivery plans by offering challenge to improve the quality of outputs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the effective interaction with the team, functions and stakeholders to develop the data strategy overall and for each business area, and engaging fully in project tasks and understanding the issues in real depth
- Analysing our performance and the execution of our data strategy, competitor activity, potential business opportunities and customer behaviours, and presenting this and specific solutions to senior management
- Leading and delivering specific major assignments in the team’s backlog, defining and agreeing a clear scope and objectives and working in an Agile manner
- Providing high quality executive briefings on the data strategy development and external perspectives, including current and emerging industry trends and competitor activity, to challenge the status quo
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a thought leader with in-depth experience of a technology banking strategy and how to generate and use data insights effectively. You’ll have a background in developing strategic recommendations and influencing strategic change on how the bank uses data and analytics, and bring the ability and knowledge to credibly engage with senior and technology leaders to determine the future vision, capabilities and creativity to develop new propositions.
You'll have the ability to absorb and synthesise diverse information from the bank and externally, including uncertainties, and you'll bring a creative approach with the ability to apply critical thinking to find solutions within constraints. You'll demonstrate experience in leading how to leverage analytics and data technologies in a financial services context, and blend a thirst for learning about new possibilities for data and analytics with an engineering mindset in order to translate them into realistic new capabilities.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Consulting, listening and structured writing skills for presentations and planning
- Knowledge of and the ability to understand complex changing technology landscapes, future direction
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and enthusiastically to both business leaders and technical audience
- A delivery track record of working across a large diverse organisation, establishing partnerships across all parts of a business and externally, ideally with a global footprint
- Good research skills and a proven ability to develop inventive new ideas for data use and generate insights
- Knowledge and experience of working in an agile team, collaborating with and influencing other departments
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.