Join us as a Risk Appetite Reporting Associate
- We’ll look to you to provide robust in-house independent assurance and validation around the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk control framework
- You’ll be managing the monthly risk appetite MI and top risk reporting process
- This engaging role offers the prospect of significantly raising your professional profile, as you provide insightful reporting and analysis to support intelligent risk taking
What you'll do
As a Risk Appetite Reporting Associate, you’ll be helping to lead the delivery of a series of targeted and continuous monitoring reviews across franchises and functions, driving a consistent approach, high quality reporting and maintaining close working relationships with key stakeholders across the bank. You’ll be providing independent challenge and assurance and help reduce overall risk to the organisation.
Through ongoing stakeholder engagement, you’ll maintain an awareness of key franchise, product or business unit operational updates and changes as they relate to risk management and consider such in ongoing and future review work.
You’ll also be:
- Overseeing and challenging MI and business inputs to support proactive risk appetite management
- Identifying data discrepancies and outliers, challenging data anomalies and escalating where appropriate
- Managing the breach escalation process for risk appetite to ensure breaches are identified and observations sought in a timely manner
- Delivering presentations to key stakeholders and forums, setting out key findings, respective actions, and wider plans going forward
- Interacting with stakeholders, escalating issues and discussing appropriate remediation, including the appropriate handling of sensitive or challenging messages
- Analysing risk profiles and seeking confirmation that the risks are being appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience a strong understanding of risk management including policies, processes and procedures.
Along with strong financial and business analysis skills and a good understanding of risk issues at both counterparty and portfolio levels, you’ll need an excellent understanding of data collection and interpretation techniques including trend analysis.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of risk objectives and related policy framework
- Experience of regular interaction at a senior level, and the production, presentation and communication of managerial level reports
- The proven ability to work under pressures, to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to maintain effective relationships at all levels