Join us as an Infrastructure Architect
- With your understanding of infrastructure architecture, you’ll define and communicate the infrastructure architecture for both current and target states
- You’ll be making sure infrastructure architecture links to the overall strategy and target architecture, and satisfies the customer, business and technology architecture outcomes
- You’ll play a key role in the digital transformation of our banking platform by adopting hybrid cloud models and technology stacks
What you'll do
As an Infrastructure Architect, you’ll be providing technical expertise and architectural solutions in infrastructure, hardware, hosting service and network areas. You’ll be enabling re-useable infrastructure patterns, automated provisioning, configuration and decommissioning of infrastructure and networks on demand via environment and infrastructure as code, containerisation and other emergent techniques such as autonomic computing design.
You’ll also be:
- Owning the infrastructure architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business and technology goals as well as working practices
- Developing hybrid cloud strategy and governance to meet future business requirements, with a focus on containerisation and microservice architectures
- Developing infrastructure strategy plans, roadmaps and other architecture artifacts based on sound enterprise architecture practices
- Determining baseline infrastructure configuration standards for operating systems, network segmentation, and identity and access management (IAM) platforms and capabilities
- Translating architecture roadmaps into packages of work, that allow frequent incremental delivery of value, to be included in product backlog and in line with our change management framework
- Assessing portfolio and product backlogs, ensuring adherence to business strategies and architectures
- Influencing stakeholders, including portfolio managers and domain release managers, and authorities
- Collaborating with engineers to validate the intentional architecture and leveraging your ideas and prototypes to develop architecture and emergent design
- Researching, understanding and keeping up-to-date with industry thinking, best practice, technology and customer trends
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience of defining business or application architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises and knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering. You’ll also have a good understanding of Agile and Design Thinking methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team.
We’re looking for someone with an engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science and who brings experience in a senior technical role.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for actions
- Experience with diverse IT infrastructure layers such as Hypervisors, IP networks and Storage networks
- Experience working in cross-functional, multinational and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience in designing or managing containerization platforms such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, and leveraging appropriate toolsets to deliver towards a CI/CD strategy
- Knowledge of systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.