Join us as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- At Mettle, we’re on a mission to become the go-to platform to start, run and grow a business, by providing small business owners with the resources they need to effectively manage the financial side of their business
- We’re a growing team of technologists, creatives, researchers and analysts from different backgrounds, brought together to explore new ideas and try a fresh approach – but with the security of NatWest behind us
- Exciting challenges lie ahead, so it’s a great time to come and work with us on unique projects that pose engineering challenges and a high degree of solution-oriented thinking
What you'll do
Working in customer-focused Agile delivery squads, you'll collaborate with product managers, designers, and software engineers to define the next iteration of Mettle.
To do this, you’ll work with other Quality Assurance (QA) engineers to develop solutions that support reliable and scalable software testing, so we can deliver a high-quality, secure product to our customers at pace.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Taking the lead on testing features and defining new and innovative approaches to testing
- Applying functional testing principles to validate the quality of software components and systems
- Supporting developers to 'design in' quality, using approaches such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Agile principles and a range of tools
- Providing technical mentorship and oversight to other QA engineers in your team
The skills you'll need
We want to work with innovative, passionate people who aren't afraid to make mistakes and take chances – people with mettle.
Teamwork and collaboration are key here, so you’ll need to demonstrate great interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoy working with people from different backgrounds, genders, functions, geographies and cultures, to create better and more sustainable outcomes for our customers.
For your technical skills, we’re looking for:
- Good working knowledge of automation frameworks, like Selenium and Appium
- Knowledge of software performance and penetration testing techniques and tooling
- A strong understanding of Behaviour-Driven Development
- Experience delivering software as part of an Agile team
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.