Join us as a Premier Banking Customer Service Officer in Edinburgh
- Joining one of our telephony teams, we’ll look to you to deliver excellent service to our Premier Banking customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times. An exciting opportunity to join a growing business, to support our Premier Banking Customers.
- You’ll take real ownership of every enquiry, delivering a memorable & personal conversation.
- We’re looking for a detail-orientated individual to complete processes and procedures, while providing the customer with a seamless experience
- You’ll match your desire for customer service with the motivation to develop and succeed with us, and in return we'll offer you opportunities to progress, in a fast paced and engaging environment
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring Premier customers. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions, educating our customers on our digital channels or liaising with our wider Premier business, you’ll be there to help. You'll provide an end to end service to our customers, supporting them every step of the way and proactively looking at opportunities to meet their financial needs.
You’ll also be:
- Taking full ownership of your calls, solving customers’ queries and providing an outstanding memorable service
- Building strong relationships with customers, following up on interactions with them
- Continue to develop and build your knowledge, as you'll be taking calls which range in complexity
- Improving processes and procedures to maximise customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Delivering good customer outcomes, reviewing their needs and supporting with your recommendation.
The skills you'll need
Ideally, you'll have experience working in customer service, but it isn't essential. It's more important that you have strong communication and listening skills, and the empathy to provide the very best solutions.
We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The commitment to go the extra mile for our customers, providing a truly personal service
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- An enthusiasm for developing new skills and taking on new responsibilities
- Strong keyboard skills and the ability to multitask, allowing you to navigate different systems and process information while talking to customers
- Good numerical and organisational skills
What else you need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 7am and 9pm over 5 days, including one day at the weekend. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview.
Some Bank Holiday working will also be a part of this role.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive structured training programme, on-going coaching and support to enhance your development and open up progression opportunities. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
How we'll reward you
Salary: £19,125 per year (pro rata for hours worked)
You’ll join on a competitive salary of £19,125 (which is £10.51 per hour) depending on experience, and you’ll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.