Join us as a Safety, Health & Environment Consultant
- You'll be providing first class safety, health and environment advice and training to a diverse portfolio of business clients and industry sectors
- Enjoy the freedom to manage your own diary and build relationships with clients, while still being part of a supportive team
- Hone your consultancy expertise and gain valuable experience working with a wide variety of clients across all sectors
- This is a peripatetic role based in York with travel in and around this area, so you'll need a full UK driving licence
What you'll do
As a Safety, Health & Environment Consultant, you’ll be delivering excellent service to your portfolio of clients, conducting regular client visits and developing and using an effective strategy. With exceptional communication skills, you’ll build an understanding of needs of your clients to provide the right advice, consultancy and training services.
You’ll also be:
- Managing client retention and renewal pricing conversations
- Identifying, accurately pricing and delivering additional consultancy and training services for customers
- Delivering new business growth through referrals for services, networking and business generation activities
- Making sure that any information, advice and guidance is suitable, appropriate, technically correct, relevant and communicated in a clear way
The skills you'll need
You'll need a graduate certificate in IOSH and preferably be working towards a chartered membership of IOSH or environmental qualification, with extensive post qualification experience. You’ll need strong attention to detail, and be able to identify customer needs to deliver an excellent level of service.
You’ll also need:
- Diverse sector, industry and generalist knowledge
- The ability to identify and lead business solutions and bespoke service offerings
- Excellent time management skills with the flexibility to serve customers in a way that suits their needs
- The ability to adapt to changing regulatory requirements
- The communication skills to liaise with regulatory bodies or legal counsel
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.