Join us as a VMware and Storage System Engineer
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment
- You’ll be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders and sharing your technical expertise in an agile, collaborative organisation
- Join our bank as we’re transforming our architecture, pushing forward with innovative solutions in various technologies
What you will do
As part of the engineering team, you need to proof your skills of deployment, operation, support & automation. You’ll fix incidents and problems on a 2nd and 3rd level and you’ll make sure that the service and its availability is continuously improved, based on the agreed SLAs. You will act as a technical consultant for other internal engineers, application specialists, architects and project leaders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the delivery and stable operation of VMware, server and storage platforms with periodic patches and updates
- Own the storage infrastructure based on Hitachi Vantara systems
- Support integration backup infrastructure based on Commvault
- Manage server HW and related assets
- Increase standardization and automation to enable faster and leaner deployment of new infrastructure and services
- Take product ownership by creating roadmaps, life cycles and documentation
- Support the automation team with their vRealize and Cloud strategy
- Support the capacity management process by providing meaningful reports (with Veeam One) and input for continuous improvement
The skills you will need
We are looking for a VMware Certified Associate or VMware Certified Professional in Data Center Virtualization and/or Cloud Management & Automation, with a solid technical understanding of a complex IT Infrastructure . You will need to have a higher degree in computer science or engineering, with extensive experience in engineering, maintaining and operating VMware and Storage Systems.
You’ll need to speak and write fluently in German and English. Experience in procuring, engineering, maintaining and operating of servers would be beneficial.
On top of this, you’ll demonstrate:
- Expertise of Hitachi Vantara storage distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of scripting and tooling, mainly on Powershell, Python and RestAPI
- Knowhow of Backup infrastructure
- Knowhow of high availability solutions, disaster recovery, business continuity technologies and integration methodologies
- Preferred knowhow of cloud services and automation (vRealize)
- Experience in working with ITIL processes for Incident, Change and Problem Management, working in teams and designing new solutions with other engineers
- Customer focus and a service oriented mind-set
- Basic knowledge of Container architecture
- Basic knowledge of LAN and firewall zone principles
- Operating system experience (ESXi, Redhat and Windows Server) would be an asset
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.