Join us as a Business Risk Analyst
- If you have a risk management or regulatory background and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the ideal role for you
- You’ll partner with the business and Risk function to identify, assess and manage risk, using our risk framework to inspire a team of business and customer control partners
- Hone your project management and people leadership skills in this fast-paced and varied role, with an emphasis on career progression
- We're offering this role for a period of 18 months
- If you're applying for this position in Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man, you’ll need to specifically state in your CV that you have the right to live and work here
What you'll do
As a Business Risk Analyst, you’ll have an opportunity to make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness and recommend solutions to operations’ risk issues within the businesses. You’ll strengthen the level of ownership within the business, identifying and calling out areas of weakness and sharing best practices.
We’ll look to you to deliver a robust risk governance framework in line with the operational risk handbook, as well as supporting and delivering relevant risk activity to build credible and realistic plans to move and sustain a control environment certification rating within risk appetite.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Escalating emerging risks in a timely manner, making sure actions are quickly defined and owned
- Acting as the Secretariat for the Institutional Banking and Depositary Risk Committee
- Managing the delivery of operational, conduct and reputational risk compliance across the appropriate businesses
- Building relationships with the business stakeholders that provide both support and challenge
- Supporting the delivery of business led and mandatory projects, making sure that change is delivered within business appetite and customer needs are considered
- Building working relationships with second and third line of defence colleagues to ensure all round support to the businesses
The skills you'll need
As well as a strong understanding of our operating processes, you’ll need general knowledge of how regulatory, political, reputational and environmental risk issues impact a complex financial services business. You’ll also need a well developed understanding of risk management principles, along with broad knowledge of business processes.
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to view the impact of issues from a wider or macro perspective
- The ability to provide robust oversight and challenge, supporting and educating the business effectively while ensuring efficiency
- The ability to think creatively when resolving complex problems and identifying alternatives where established procedures may not exist
- A proven ability to think strategically, demonstrating thought leadership and the ability to translate concepts into effective processes