Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Legal Counsel, within the Corporate team
- This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative and supportive legal team
- You'll gain significant exposure across all our franchises as you deliver our legal strategy and ensure the timely and effective delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives
- This role offers the advantage of a varied and extensive breadth of work, where you’ll find solutions to varied challenges on a wide range of matters
What you'll do
You’ll be managing and coordinating the delivery of legal advice and support across multiple business areas. You'll make sure that your advice is accurate, readily understandable to non-lawyers, delivered at the right time, and remains commercial while minimising legal risks.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Managing advisers and stakeholders in successfully delivering the bank’s projects
- Striving for continuous improvement in the operating practices and processes, including identifying efficiencies, improvements and opportunities to reduce costs
- Managing legal costs through the use of e-billing, auctions and other tools, and driving a culture of disciplined cost management and controls
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need to be a qualified solicitor with experience of Corporate/M&A work and of providing a wide range legal and commercial advice. You’ll be able to draw on your experience of working with law firms and other professional advisers and have knowledge of current legal issues facing banks.
We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- The ability to build rapport and establish strong relationships, especially with senior colleagues
- Good commercial awareness and analytical skills
- A motivation to set and achieve high performance targets
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.