Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Auditor, Data Management & Corporate Functions
- In this key role, you’ll be contributing to independent audit engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- We’ll look to you to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control
- This is a fast-paced and varied role which will enable you to build your network at the bank, by collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and senior employees
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, you’ll be assessing risks and controls and undertaking testing, effectively contributing to continuous monitoring by analysing MI or reviewing risk information. You’ll effectively engage with business stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an open and effective discussion on key risks.
On top of this, you’ll be contributing to discussions in order to influence the prudent management of risk, as well as leading small audit engagements, to produce effective engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite.
You’ll also be:
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping
- Coaching auditors and supporting them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Leveraging our industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Effectively sharing knowledge across the function in relation to specific engagements
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need audit experience or strong experience in risk management, with a strong understanding of the principles of good risk and data management.
You’ll also need an understanding of the Corporate Functions, such as HR, Legal, Corporate Governance and Regulatory Affairs as well as strong experience in data management and the regulatory environment we work in, including an understanding of GDPR and BCBS239.
You’ll also bring:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to and the ability to build credibility through developing your technical and business knowledge
- A clear communication style, with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
- A personal drive to actively participate in engagement initiatives and to develop your skills and capabilities
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.