Join us as a Risk & Controls Analyst
- If you’re looking for a new challenge, where you can play a key role in preventing potential risks to our customers, this could be the ideal role for you
- You’ll work in partnership with the first line of defence and businesses in applying effective risk management, and anticipating and assessing the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- By liaising closely with a range of stakeholders, you’ll have an opportunity to raise your profile across the bank as well as a strong focus on personal development
What you'll do
You’ll play a key role in delivering risk management initiatives that support the effective application of the operational risk framework and conduct risk obligations, with an opportunity to improve the understanding and effective management of risk across the bank.
We’ll look to you to support the business in managing the risks which exist, making sure mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined risk appetite, working in conjunction with the second line of defence.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Developing and supporting the interrogation and analysis of relevant management information, supporting effective risk management on the part of your stakeholders
- Controlling resources that contribute to the development of guidance notes and training material and content, upskilling the broader first line of defence function and businesses
- Supporting management in facilitating regular stakeholder meetings and key forums through preparing and issuing of supporting paperwork and assessing regulatory impacts
- Building and maintaining trusted working partnerships across the bank and our franchises, to inform and gather intelligence on emerging and future risks and controls
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll demonstrate knowledge of how a large financial services organisation operates and bring experience of working in a first or second line of defence risk role. You'll have development work experience in the end-to-end implementation of RPA or automation solutions with UiPath.
You’ll also bring:
- Broad technical and IT knowledge including knowledge of programming languages, databases and operating systems
- Good experience of customizing and enhancing using C# .NET to develop process automation applications
- Experience with tools supporting automation solutions like BitBucket and Git,Jira
- A clear track record of achievement and delivery
- Knowledge of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of operational risk management
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Mail Automation, VBA Macro and basic level PowerShell scripting skill set
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to influence at all levels