Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Python Developer (Regulatory Reporting Solutions).
- This is a unique opportunity to join an area which has a significant focus across the bank
- We’ll look to you to work closely with our regulatory reporting teams, Risk and Technology to develop innovative solutions to the existing regulatory reporting outcomes
- You’ll be provided with a platform to keep building your knowledge and expertise, and will be offered the opportunity to grow your network across Regulatory Reporting and Finance
What you'll do
This role will see you developing new reporting solutions on AWS utilising Python and Tableau to support the internal and external regulatory reporting outcomes. As well as this, you’ll be producing reports which are complete, controlled and accurate prior to sign off and submission to regulators.
You’ll enjoy great collaboration in this role, and you’ll develop a proactive approach to customer engagement and stakeholder management, including with our data suppliers and senior risk and finance employees.
Your other key responsibilities will be:
- Redeveloping our existing SAS reports on AWS in line with our technology strategy
- Making sure that all controls and processes are documented and are completed in line with CEC 2 standards
- Producing external regulatory returns
- Making sure that reporting is adequate in providing audit trails and analysis
- Conducting thorough analysis to help communicate the results to stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an experienced Python programmer, with a track record of delivering complex data tasks in an analytical, regulatory or reporting context utilising data visualisation tools such as Tableau. Along with excellent stakeholder management skills, you’ll be comfortable communicating with your stakeholders about complex issues across all levels of seniority, and will be able to use your existing network to build relationships across Regulatory Reporting and Finance. Ideally, you'll have experience working with SAS or SQL.
You’ll also need:
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
- The ability to deliver to tight deadlines, work flexibly and adapt to changes in priority
- An understanding of Agile ways of working
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.