Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in India and as such all normal working days must be carried out in India.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You’ll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
You’ll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We’ll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and application programming interfaces for use across the bank
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Support the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have development experience in a programming language, experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
Murex Front to back testing.. experience in test case design and execution.. experience in SIT, UAT and Regression cycles.. Good to have MXtest / Onyx experience, Murex automation
Architecture/Service , MXML/Exchange/OSP, DataMart,GOM,MLC,Market Data services, Entities/Date Rolls/Processing Area, User Admin/Supervisor/Monit/Install
3-12 years hands-on experience Murex platform is a must, especially in Back Office related modules (GOM, Simulation/Scenarios, post trade, confirmations, SSI, securities, counterparties, eTradePad, Pre-Trade rules)
Expertise in functional areas across some of the cash and derivative asst classes - MoneyMarket, IRD, FX,Fixed Income, Credit, Structured Product
Experience dealing with senior BO stakeholders & prioritizing development
You’ll also need:
- Experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams