Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Auditor
- Joining us in Commercial Banking, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of professionals auditing the UK’s leading business bank
- You'll have the chance to expand your business auditing experience of a broad and diverse customer base and product offering in the UK and Europe
- You’ll be contributing robust assurance during the continued digital and data evolution as part of Commercial Banking’s purpose-led strategy
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, we’ll look to you to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control. You’ll be assessing risks and controls and carrying out testing, as well as contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping.
Along with this, you’ll be delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement and occasionally leading small engagements.
You'll also be:
- Analysing MI and reviewing risk information to identify key business risks
- Producing effective audit engagement reports and opinions which influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way
- Engaging with stakeholders throughout engagements, making sure they understand business risks by having open and effective conversations on key risks
- Sharing your knowledge relating to audit engagements across the function
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need sound analytical skills and the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what’s important.
You'll have demonstrable commercial or corporate and wholesale banking experience including products, customer journeys and regulations, as well as proactive audit delivery to meet quality and delivery expectations.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of using advanced data analysis skills, including advanced Excel, SQL and Python, in audit fieldwork to support audit findings and conclusions
- Experience in audit, assurance or risk management
- A strong understanding of the principles of good risk management
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.