Join us as a Lead Controls Business Partner
- We're looking for an experienced risk and control practitioner to apply effective risk management and decision-making capability, and anticipate and assess the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- Working with business heads, you’ll manage the risk profile and ensure compliance to our risk management framework
- As a key member of our team in Services Controls (1LoD), you’ll enjoy extensive collaboration and can expect great visibility for you and your work
- This role can be based in most locations across the UK
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to ensure the Shared Services businesses (including Property & Supply Chain) appropriately identify, articulate and classify risks, facilitating appropriate forums and discussions to make sure decisions are based on MI, risk appetite, customer and commercial considerations.
You'll be managing a small team of risk and control partners to keep the Shared Services businesses safe and secure, as well as managing their risks within appetite and meeting the regulatory expectations. You'll also be continuously looking for opportunities to optimise ways of working, seeking feedback from key stakeholders together with providing the thought leadership to make sure the partnership is effective and efficient.
You’ll also be:
- Responsible for the analysis of risk reporting and metrics used to inform decision making
- Initiating and supporting thematic exploration, deep dives, read across and oversight of the risk profile linked to control and conduct failures and operational events
- Monitoring and tracking agreed actions against risks and issues
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement, increasing efficiency and productivity through great people leadership, coaching, engagement and development of skills
- Educating business teams on the operational risk framework and our conduct risk obligations, supporting the business in operating and embedding them
- Supporting and regularly engaging with relevant stakeholders, including the second and third line of defence, and risk teams
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a highly skilled leader with experience of applying risk and control management in an operational and strategic context. You’ll demonstrate a firm knowledge of Shared Services, or the capability to build this knowledge at pace.
You'll also have an awareness of the complex UK and EU regulatory landscape impacting these businesses, such as Operational Continuity in Resolution, Internal Service Management, Operational Resilience and Outsourcing with the ability to support the businesses in assessing their control suite to demonstrate compliance.
Additionally, you’ll bring:
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills, with the ability to establish strong trusting relationships with the leadership team
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- Significant business and operational experience
- Comprehensive experience of risk management and controls frameworks
- An excellent ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to both business and technical audiences
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.