Join us as a Investments & Funds, Risk Oversight Manager
- In this high profile role, you'll be empowered to make decisions on day-to-day matters on behalf of management and escalate where appropriate
- You'll have an opportunity to develop and deploy a holistic risk skill set, while acting as a key interface for the specific teams, product portfolio, distribution and operation across all risk disciplines
- The role offers room for growth and personal development across wide areas of oversight from Funds and Investment Product Design and Change to Investment Distribution, providing a variety of challenge and learning opportunities
- It's an exciting opportunity to work with key decision makers in Private Banking and provide oversight to strategic projects that will help shape the future of the Investment and Funds business
What you'll do
As a Risk Oversight Manager, you’ll be providing effective day-to-day risk oversight and challenge on how the respective customer journeys, product portfolio, and distribution and operations team generates and preserves sustainable value. You'll be a valued contributor in the delivery of the customer journey, product or distribution and operations strategy, working with business teams and attending respective committees and governance fora.
We act as a trusted adviser to the business in times of challenge and growth, providing counsel and guidance based on thoughtful judgement.
Other key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting and enabling product and distribution specific regulatory conduct or compliance, in their management of and exposures to risk through engaging with the regulators and bank-wide policy owners
- Consulting with and informing franchise team management to design and deploy innovative pan risk strategies that are relevant to the respective customer journey or product area
- Supporting regular business reviews of material risk and adherence to policy standards
- Detecting and challenging inadequate or ineffective controls to mitigate risks
- Building a strong level of operational resilience, risk awareness and regulatory compliance within the business
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you'll hold knowledge of risk oversight ideally in an investment and fund capacity, however this is preferred and not essential.
We're looking for an individual with strong technical knowledge and a sound understanding of regulatory standards and rules to be able to guide the business into making safe and sustainable decisions that are centred around fair and compliant customer outcomes.
On top of this, you'll demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of the operational risk aspects of a franchises and functions environment
- The ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders including executive level
- Strategic thinking and the ability to simplify complex and conflicting tasks and policy positions, making sure these are effectively managed and communicated
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.