Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Commercial Banking Relationship Management programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people with the curiosity to approach things from fresh perspectives, the ability to build meaningful relationships, and the determination to shape the best solutions for our customers
- You’re motivated and ambitious, and you bring integrity, creativity and a real customer focus to your work
- You’ll work well in teams, with strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- You’ll have an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and adapt and high personal integrity
About the programme
The Relationship Management stream aims at developing Relationship Managers for all customer-facing areas of Commercial Banking including Corporates & Institutions, Corporate & Commercial Coverage, Sales & Specialist Businesses and Business Banking; trusted advisors focused on how to assess customers’ needs, design and deliver solutions while building long term relationships in a digital world.
We’ll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you’ll need to make a significant impact and become a future leader. You’ll be working directly with our customers to understand their challenges and develop your relationship building skills. You’ll be involved in shaping our innovation and digital agendas, improving customer journeys and driving product simplification.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the two years of this programme you’ll:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers’ needs across a range of sectors, and expertise in the products we offer
- Help with client relationship planning and execution across a wide range of products and services
- Develop robust credit, lending and risk management skills
- Gain insight into product development, innovation and our growing digital banking capability
- Build the confidence and critical capabilities you need to succeed
- Gain an insight into what it’s like to work in a purpose-led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Work towards completing a master’s level professional qualification.
About the business area
You’ll be joining us in Commercial Banking, where we build strong relationships with commercial customers and help UK businesses to prosper. From start-ups to FTSE100 customers, we bring a wide range of banking services and innovative banking solutions to businesses across the UK.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.