Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Internal Audit programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for analytical thinkers who have the determination to overcome a range of challenges
- You’ll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
About the programme
Starting your career as a graduate trainee with Internal Audit will give you a unique opportunity to quickly gain experience and insight into the financial services industry, its products and operations whilst completing a relevant professional qualification. You’ll work with and learn from respected industry leaders, developing a comprehensive understanding of the impact of the changes happening across the financial services, and relevant changes for the bank.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
This is a three-year programme, where you can look forward to:
- Gaining an understanding of how different parts of the bank operate
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the business risk environment and the controls used to mitigate those risks
- Building excellent relationship management skills, honed by managing multiple stakeholders from a range of different businesses
- Helping your stakeholders improve their risk and control frameworks
- Contributing to delivering the audit plan, providing assurance to the bank’s audit committee
- Supporting continuous risk monitoring and helping to evolve the control framework
- Being supported through a Chartered Accounting qualification or a MSc Cyber Security for those specialising in Technology Audit.
About the business area
Internal Audit is an independent area of our organisation, integral to us meeting our ambitions, and protecting the interests of our customers. We provide assurance by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to.
We ensure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.