Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Relationship Management programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people who are passionate about perusing a career as a frontline advisor, are driven and change ready.
- You’re focused, motivated and ready to hone your relationship management skills while deepening your understanding of each of the business areas within the Wealth Businesses, that work together to provide a world-class client experience.
About the programme
As a graduate trainee in Wealth Businesses, we’ll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you’ll need to deliver expert financial advice and make a significant impact in your career with the end goal of becoming a Coutts Coverage Frontline Advisor.
Expect to develop your expertise in relationship management, as you work with specialist teams that provide relationship support and advice to high net worth clients. You will experience various placements across Wealth supporting clients across Coverage and will also have the opportunity during the programme to support our Affluent business which includes brands such as NatWest Premier & Private Client and Investment Services. During the programme you will gain a deeper understanding of how the various business areas within Wealth work together to provide a world-class client experience.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the course of this programme which is up to two year’s you’ll:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our products and services
- Develop the skills needed to provide regulated wealth or lending advice
- Develop your relationship management skills, and build your professional network
- Build your understanding of the diverse needs of our high net worth clients
- Develop the skills you need to identify business development opportunities and digital solutions
- Have exposure to additional business lead project opportunities
You’ll build specialist product knowledge and commercial awareness, so you’re able to deliver first class solutions for your clients. As a graduate trainee you’ll assist frontline advisors including Private Bankers, Wealth Managers, Hybrid Advisors, Client Banking Managers and Specialists in providing high net worth clients with relationship support and advice as well as understanding them on a personal level. This will give you a deeper understanding of how each of the roles work and a first hand experience to understand the skills required to move into a frontline advisor role at the end of the programme.
About the business area
The creation of the Wealth Businesses gives us the capacity to manage the evolving and changing financial requirements more thoroughly throughout a customer’s lifetime, from early years to post-retirement. We are building a strategy that delivers not just on competitive day to day banking, but helps customers pay down household debt as soon as is practical and builds longer term investments through ISAs, pensions and general investment account balances.
With over 325 years of history, Coutts has defined the Private Banking sector by showing it is more than just a Bank but a business that prides itself on expertise and experience, building lasting relationships with clients to provide a world-class service. The business is made up of various specialist communities including Professionals, Enterprise, International & Family Office, North & South. Also a part of Wealth, we have the Affluent business which is currently made up of NatWest Premier & Private Client Advice, as well as the contact centres that support them.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.