Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Commercial Banking Relationship Management internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people with the curiosity to approach things from fresh perspectives, the ability to build meaningful relationships, and the determination to shape the best solutions for our customers
- You’re motivated, forward thinking and ambitious, and you bring integrity, creativity and a real customer focus to your work
- You’ll work well in teams, with strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- You’ll have an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and adapt and high personal integrity
About the programme
The Relationship Management stream aims at developing Relationship Managers for all customer-facing areas of Commercial Banking including Corporates & Institutions, Corporate & Commercial Coverage, Sales & Specialist Businesses and Business Banking; trusted advisors focused on how to assess customers’ needs, design and deliver solutions while building long term relationships in a digital world.
Over the course of this eight week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £21,500 pro rata, depending on your location.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
About the business area
You’ll be joining us in Commercial Banking, where we build strong relationships with commercial customers and help UK businesses to prosper. From start-ups to FTSE100 customers, we bring a wide range of banking services and innovative banking solutions to businesses across the UK.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.