Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Netherlands and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Netherlands.
- There are 2 teams looking for internships:
- in Corporate Finance & Risk Solutions (CF&RS) you will work on both 1) the Large Corporate client portfolio spanning the Netherlands and Belgium and 2) supporting our Sustainable Finance Corporates Team (duration: 6-month; start: January 2022)
- in Trading you will price & risk manage FX & Interest Rate instruments, market make & execute trades in the broker market & analyse market trends (duration: 3-month; start: asap)
- You’ll have the chance to gain exposure to NatWest Markets full suite of products, and interact with teams across the bank including Debt Capital Markets, Loan Markets, Corporate Advisory, Trading, Rates and FX, and Transaction Services
- You will need to understand sustainable finance instruments, the Trading of financial products and market dynamics
- You have a passion for Sustainable Finance ratings, analysis and investment strategies and/or the Trading of financial products
- You’ll need to hold a study agreement with a Dutch university or business school
What you'll do
In the CF&RS internship you’ll support the team through conducting company and industrial data research, credit and financial analysis, sector research, peer analyses, and business origination related tasks. In addition, you’ll work on a variety of sustainability data structuring and analysis projects, both for the purposes of management reporting and client materials.
It’s a chance to work with senior leaders in the bank and gain valuable professional experience, including:
- Company and industrial data research
- Supporting the production of educational materials concerning sustainable finance
- Structuring and executing transactions
- Financial modelling for specific transactions
- Drafting client presentations
- Managing clients’ risks
- Undertaking financial reporting and analysis
In the Trading internship you will be employed on multiple Trading desks with a strong focus on Rates Trading. You will help with all day-to-day activities while going through an extensive learning phase in terms of risks, pricing, clients, market behaviour and be expected to take responsibility early on. The day-to-day activities include:
- risk management: view, identify & understand first & second order risk; come up with sensible hedging strategies; generate revenue for the bank
- pricing: engaging with Sales to price customer tickets & understand their needs
- trading in interbank/broker market: market make & provide liquidity in bonds/futures/swaps/options in interbank market; provide market commentary to internal audience
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone who preferably studying towards a degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration or one of the STEM subjects.
You should demonstrate:
- A strong team ethic, enthusiasm and a rigorous approach to your work
- A strong desire to develop your financial analysis and modelling skills
- A customer focused mind set
- A genuine interest in business and economy related news
- Basic understanding of debt capital markets concepts as well as the Trading of financial products
- The ability to work on your own and to show a proactive approach to your workloads
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in your work
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
NatWest Markets is the investment banking division of the wider NatWest Group. We provide financing, risk management and trading solutions to customers across rates, currencies, credit, securitised products and financing across the UK, Europe, US and Asia. Putting purpose at our core, we aim to be the partner of choice for our NatWest customers and their financial markets needs.
Our businesses and product teams work closely together. Our customers place a premium on insight and innovation, and we focus on origination, structuring, risk distribution and high-quality client coverage to deliver this.
Our customers include financial institutions, corporates, sovereigns, banks, hedge funds, and asset managers. Our integrated, cross-product teams anticipate the needs of our clients and meet them through excellent service and seamless execution.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.