Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Germany and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Germany.
- This is a 3-6 month internship, with opportunities available at the end of 2021 and in 2022
- With a choice of working across Primary Capital Markets, Private Financing and Risk Solutions teams or with our Rates, Credit, Money Market and FX Sales teams, you’ll gain valuable experience to build your career in financial services
- Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you need to make a real impact to the team around you
What you'll do
For interns joining our Private Side Front Office teams, you’ll be supporting Primary Capital Markets and Private Financing and Risk Solutions teams in Frankfurt, Paris, and Amsterdam. Our teams cover leading financial institutions, asset managers, insurance companies and corporates in Debt Capital Markets and Solutions transactions.
If you join our Public Side Front Office, you’ll be supporting our Rates, Credit, Money Market and FX Sales teams in Frankfurt. These teams service real money investors and banks across Germany, Austria and Switzerland for both primary and secondary market transactions.
Throughout your internship, you’ll also cover a range of activities relating to client relationship management, which could include:
- Conducting financial analysis on fixed income securities and market trends
- Organising roadshows and client meetings
- Assisting Sales teams in on-boarding, fund set up and settlement topics
- Maintaining files for trade booking, splits and allocation
- Analysing historical customer trading activity to support Sales colleagues
- Preparing trade ideas, with in-depth analysis for publication
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be fully fluent in both German and English, and on track to achieve a degree classification of at least a 2.3. You’ll be close to finishing a Bachelor’s degree, in a gap year or studying towards a Master’s degree.
Having a degree focused on a finance-related subject isn’t essential, but we’ll expect you to demonstrate an interest in finance and capital markets, for example through internships or university lectures.
You should demonstrate:
- A strong interest in developing a client-facing career in finance, focusing on capital markets, asset financing or fixed income derivatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
We’re a growing business that values entrepreneurship and innovation. You’ll get to take responsibility and make an impact early in your career at NatWest Markets.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.