Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Relationship Management internship at Coutts, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people who enjoy working as a team, and can adapt well to a rapidly changing environment
- You’re focused, motivated and ready to hone your relationship management skills while deepening your understanding of private banking and wealth management
About the programme
Over the course of this eight week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £21,500 pro rata, depending on your location.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
About the business area
The creation of the Wealth Businesses gives us the capacity to manage the evolving and changing financial requirements more thoroughly throughout a customer’s lifetime, from early years to post-retirement. We are building a strategy that delivers not just on competitive day to day banking, but helps customers pay down household debt as soon as is practical and builds longer term investments through ISAs, pensions and general investment account balances.
With over 325 years of history, Coutts has defined the Private Banking sector by showing it is more than just a Bank but a business that prides itself on expertise and experience, building lasting relationships with clients to provide a world-class service. The business is made up of various specialist communities including Professionals, Enterprise, International & Family Office, North & South. Also a part of Wealth, we have the Affluent business which is currently made up of Natwest Premier & Private Client Advice, as well as the contact centres that support them.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.