Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in France and as such all normal working days must be carried out in France.
About the positions available
- This is a 6-month internship, where you’ll be working as an Analyst in NatWest Market’s French office starting at the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022. Two positions are currently available, one in the Financial Institutions Debt Capital Markets team, and one in the French Large Corporate coverage team
- You’ll have the chance to gain exposure to NatWest Markets’ full suite of products, and work for or interact with a range of teams across the bank including Debt Capital Markets, Loan Markets, Corporate and FI Advisory, Syndicate, Sustainable Finance, Rates and FX, and Transaction Services
- You’ll need to be fully fluent in both French and English, and hold a study agreement with a French university or business school
What you'll do
This is your chance to gain valuable professional experience and build your career in financial services. Working with senior leaders early on in your placement, we’ll give you the tools and support you need to make a real impact to the team around you.
Throughout your internship, you’ll cover a range of activities relating to client relationship management, including:
For Financial Institutions Debt Capital Markets:
- Support Origination in creating client presentations and updates
- Conduct financial analysis of fixed income securities and market trends
- Organise roadshows and client meetings
Execute transaction and ensure that all related procedures are complied with for French Large Corporate Coverage:
- Company and industrial data research
- Structuring and executing transactions
- Financial modelling for specific transactions
- Drafting client presentations
- Managing clients’ risks
- Undertaking financial reporting and analysis
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be fully fluent in both French and English, and studying towards a degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering, or a similar discipline at a business or engineering school. You’ll also need a study agreement with a French university or business school. You’ll be in your work experience year (“année de césure” for Business Schools and Master 1 for University).
Previous experience in finance would be welcome, although not essential.
You should demonstrate:
- Good understanding and knowledge of the main accounting standards
- An interest in economic news
- A strong team ethic, enthusiasm and a rigorous approach to your work
- A strong desire to develop your financial analysis and modelling skills
- Good communication skills
Please note applications will need to be submitted in English. Please include a CV and covering letter on a single document.
About the business area
We’re a growing business that values entrepreneurship and innovation. You’ll get to take responsibility and make an impact early in your career at NatWest Markets.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.