Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Strategy & Ventures programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for people with a genuine enthusiasm for building a diverse skill set and helping us shape a bank for the future
- You’ll bring creativity, an eye for detail and a good sense of judgment, and enjoy problem solving and overcoming challenges.
About the programme
As a graduate trainee, you’ll learn, develop, and grow with your fellow graduates, bringing diverse experiences and differing perspectives to help tackle some of the bank’s top issues.
You’ll undertake 4 x 6-month placements, which could see you working with a range of our Strategy & Ventures teams, including Ventures as a core placement and others such as Strategy, Economics, Sustainable Banking and Climate. It’s an opportunity to learn sought after, transferable skills and gain development experiences across different environments, setting you up for a successful future career with a breadth of customer, bank and innovation knowledge.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. On top of your salary you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
Over the two years of this programme you can look forward to:
- Collaborative working with exposure to a breadth of Strategy & Ventures business areas
- Building a range of analytical, data and research skills, alongside a digital and commercial awareness and an understanding of our organisation and the industry
- Working alongside experienced professionals with innovative and entrepreneurial mindsets, who will support you in building project and stakeholder management skills
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
- The opportunity to complete a professional qualification.
About the business area
Strategy & Ventures are at the heart of driving the Bank’s strategic agenda - to build a purposeful, relationship bank for a digital world. Strategy & Ventures is made up of our Strategy, Economics, Sustainable Banking, Climate, Corporate Development, Partnerships & Open Experience and Ventures teams. Each of the teams work together to shape the future of NatWest to ensure we build a sustainable, innovative and purposeful bank.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.