Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Commercial Complaint Handler
- Working with a supportive and collaborative team in Customer Service and Operations, you’ll be investigating and resolving complaints for our customers
- You’ll be investigating our customer issues, supporting business processes and procedures, and providing robust feedback
- This role is available nationwide and offers great career development opportunities with relevant training programmes and exposure for you and your work
- We promote flexible working opportunities, and you’ll primarily be home based with local office based working up to three days per month. Our business operating hours are between 8am-6pm Monday - Friday, and you'll be working a maximum of 35 hrs per week.
- Our salary starts at £22,866 up to £32,290 based on experience, in addition you’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement. You can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme. You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 36 days. (pro rata for hours worked).
What you'll do
Joining a specialist Complaints team, you’ll be working together to deliver successful outcomes for our Commercial Banking customers. You’ll be responding to customer complaints, investigating and analysing the circumstances and proposing robust customer solutions, as well as accurately collecting all the information needed to do this on time and to a high standard.
As you continue to develop in your role, you’ll be supporting your colleagues and the wider team by sharing knowledge and best practice to learn from customer feedback and support customer experience improvements.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Understanding the needs of our customers and the Commercial Banking business through excellent customer and stakeholder engagement
- Accurately investigating complaints, liaising with relevant parties, and escalating where needed
- Communicating with our customers, both verbally and in writing including over the phone with both inbound and outbound calls, to resolve issues and build relationships
- Making sure processing is performed accurately and within an agreed turn-around time
- Participating in initiatives that help improve our customer service, processes and procedures
- Reviewing processing errors and customer complaints to help identify trends and training needs
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a background in customer service, coupled with the ability to work accurately, to deadlines and with high levels of attention to detail.
Ideally, you’ll have knowledge and experience of working with complaints processes and procedures, alongside an awareness of up-to-date trends, policies and regulations, however this isn’t essential as full training will be provided.
We’ll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the financial services industry and our customers
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak to customers and colleagues on the phone
- Good collaboration skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.