Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Data Engineer
- As a Data Engineer, you’ll set the strategic direction of the team, supported by the senior technical members
- You’ll take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, delivering agreed business outcomes and coordinating various technology and change teams to achieve this
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to share their subject matter expertise and help shape the future direction of the function
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to be making sure that project deliverables can achieve customer goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership, as well as making sure that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in the mind, while interacting with all stakeholders.
You’ll also be:
- Making sure that work done is aligned to the principles of software development across the bank
- Delivering architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Driving and contributing to the technology strategy roadmap
- Understanding and incorporating requirements originating from the programmes in which the project team is involved
- Influencing delivery plans and coordinating delivery across multiple projects and deliverables
The skills you'll need
Experience in leading and managing development teams will be required, as will knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycles and established software development methodologies. We’ll also look for experience in driving change through to a successful conclusion and the ability to influence at all levels.
You’ll also bring:
Build effective relationships with stakeholders, both directly and via the project team, to ensure the timely delivery of solutions which support the business.
Strong data governance knowledge essential
Proved track record of delivering large scale programs in Agile methodology
Knowledge of Informatica EDC & Informatica AXON essential
Knowledge of data privacy regulations/ requirements will be an advantage
Knowledge of other data governance technologies will be an advantage)
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.