Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the Isle of Man and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the Isle of Man.
Join us as a Mortgage Officer
- Take on a new role in an exciting and dynamic team, offering vital support to clients with mortgage needs
- We’ll look to you to deliver high standards for each case you own, with proactive organisation and accurate records and file management
- This is an opportunity for you to develop your knowledge of mortgages and financial markets, in an environment where we take a real investment in your career progression
What you'll do
You’ll be directly supporting our mortgage specialists by providing research, analysis of data and drafting suitable solutions and reports. With excellent attention to detail, you’ll make sure that all reports, documentation and systems recording is technically accurate, compliant and provides the right outcomes for our client.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Analysing and interpreting client needs from documentation provided by mortgage specialists
- Reviewing customer due diligence for sign off by our New Account Sanctioners and managing the mortgage to drawdown
- Instructing mortgage offers and sending these to solicitors, brokers or clients
- Actioning redemptions, lump sum reductions, payment queries and change of address requests from customers or lawyers
- Maintaining adherence to all internal and external regulatory, operational, compliance, credit and key control systems and procedures
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience in a banking or financial services environment and a broad knowledge of financial markets, products and services. You’ll also have the ability to work with high levels of attention to detail, alongside excellent problem solving and communication skills.
We’ll also expect you to have:
- Strong analytical skills and experience of interpreting data and making meaningful conclusions
- A track record of meeting quality assurance, service and risk targets in a regulated environment
- The ability to maintain high levels of knowledge of relevant internal advice processes and procedures
- A strong background in relationship management and customer service
- Good Microsoft Office and other technical systems skills