Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Core Banking Domain Lead
- Take on a leading role, where you'll be enabling your teams, in the UK and India, through a supportive and servant leadership approach
- You’ll be responsible for all aspects of change, operational health and efficiency of your domain
- With a large focus on transformation, this is a great opportunity to make a critical and high profile impact on the bank as we embark on a multi-year Core Transformation journey
What you'll do
We’re looking for someone to drive and deliver the technology strategic roadmap, with the right architecture outcomes and alignment to enterprise architecture, solutions and commercial value to have effective domain services.
We’ll look to you as a supporter and ambassador of Agile, and you'll work with this continuing evolution and proactively encourage adoption across the firm. The transformation of the technology will involve extensive input, which means you'll have the opportunity to set the vision, in conjunction with technical architects, of the target state. This is a modernised core, with rapid and frequent agile releases, leveraging modern methods and tools such as CI or CD pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Running a front-to-back domain, managing the top of house technology risks, innovating and increasing the flow of customer value and improving the change and run efficiency
- Working to reduce technical debt and effectively holding peers to account around the impact of customer decisions across the technology life cycle
- Driving improved workstack prioritisation, focusing on customer value, and managing trade off decisions in the domain
- Aiming to get to the right workstack of run, change and innovation that enhances customer value through small and frequent deployments
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for a capable communicator with in-depth domain expertise. You’ll have experience of working on and running high performance Agile and non-Agile programmes, projects and teams and a strong technical understanding of domain applications and services.
We're also looking for a proven change agent, who can provide ownership of a set of products and build strong customer relationship. Additionally, you'll be able to work with business customers to identify outcomes that balance what they need versus what they want.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- A background of running large technical teams with strong senior leadership, stakeholder management and influencing skills at all levels to board level
- The ability to create a culture of inclusion, where individuals feel valued and understand how their work is connected to the customer
- Good technical knowledge of domain applications and services and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Broad commercial technical acumen with a track record of delivering to budget
- Expert understanding of running senior governance forums
- The ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues at all levels
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.