Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Senior Auditor, Retail Banking
- If you have strong audit and analytical skills and a keen eye for detail, this could be your ideal role in our industry leading Audit function
- Joining us in Franchises, Functions & Services, you’ll be contributing to independent audit engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle across Retail Banking
- This is an opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience in a role with a clear route for personal and professional development
What you'll do
As a Senior Auditor, Retail Banking we’ll look to you to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control. You’ll be assessing risks and controls and carrying out testing, as well as contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping.
Along with this, you’ll be delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement and occasionally leading small engagements.
You'll also be:
- Analysing MI and reviewing risk information to identify key business risks
- Producing effective audit engagement reports and opinions which influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way
- Engaging with stakeholders throughout engagements, making sure they understand business risks by having open and effective conversations on key risks
- Sharing your knowledge relating to audit engagements across the function
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you’ll need experience in internal audit, or a strong background in assurance or risk management with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
You’ll have sound analytical skills and the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what’s important.
You’ll also need:
- A strong understanding of the principles of good risk management
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good stakeholder management skills
- It would be advantageous to have some experience of using advanced data analysis skills, including advanced Excel, SQL and Python, in audit fieldwork to support audit findings and conclusions
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.