Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as a Software Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer
- You’ll be designing, producing, testing and implementing working code, working across the lifecycle of the system
- Hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role
What you'll do
Working in a permanent feature team, you’ll be developing knowledge of aspects of the associated platform across the disciplines of business, applications, data and infrastructure. You’ll also be liaising with principal engineers, architects in the domain and other key stakeholders to understand how the platform works and how it supports business objectives.
You’ll also be:
- Applying Agile methods to the development of software on the backlog
- Producing resilient and long-lived software and acting flexibly to cope with future needs
- Delivering intentional architecture and formulating emergent design through innovative ideas, experimentation and prototyping
- Designing and developing software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, using executable patterns
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with strong full stack experience in software design and implementation, including being able to exploit coding languages to solve complex problems. You’ll also need to be capable of complex requirements analysis capture and validation against and with business and systems requirements.
In addition, you'll need Java experience, ideally including Reactive experience. You'll also need test driven development and behavior driven development experience, coupled with experience of configuring AWS infrastructure through automation tooling, as well as microservice development, ideally at retail scale.
Additionally, you’ll demonstrate:
- Experience of leading the implementation of programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance
- Sound collaboration skills with the ability to work with business teams to produce pragmatic solutions that work for the business
- Experience of information security policies and practices within the financial sector
- Strong stakeholder management skills and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a simple way