Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Internal Audit internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for analytical thinkers who have the determination to overcome a range of challenges
- You’ll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
About the programme
Over the course of this eight week summer internship, we’ll give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £21,500 pro rata, depending on your location.
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our culture, values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it’s like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making.
About the business area
Internal Audit is an independent area of our organisation, integral to us meeting our ambitions, and protecting the interests of our customers. We provide assurance by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to.
We ensure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.