Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United States and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United States.
We focus on what we do best and what matters most to our customers, our Front Office business is customer oriented and organised into Customer Sales and Trading. Our key areas of focus are Rates, Currencies and Credit businesses
About the business area
We provide Financing, Risk Management and Trading solutions to our customers in the US, UK, Europe and Asia across Fixed Income, Rates and Currencies. Putting purpose at our core, we aim to be the partner of choice for NatWest’s customers’ Financial Markets needs.
Our model is simple, in order for us to be more customer focused and to make the most of our combined expertise and resources.
Our Trading teams provide Global Markets access and liquidity in Rates, Currencies and Credit to our customers and are responsible for managing and distributing risk.
Our Customer Sales teams build on our relationship-driven sales approach with our customers through value-led Content and Ideas, as well as using our data and e-sales capabilities to continue to grow our business.
We have our own Board of Directors and Management Team which allow us to be agile in our decision-making. We encourage connectivity and mobility across our teams and the wider bank regardless of what desk you sit on, and this is what allows us to stay nimble and innovative. We encourage an entrepreneurial mind-set and diversity of thinking in how we work to find the right solution for our clients.
Based in Stamford, Connecticut, we have Graduate roles in our Trading and Sales customer facing businesses and our Capital Markets teams.
We will match you to a team where you will learn and gain valuable experience and contribute to our business from the very beginning of your career.
We will reward you with a competitive starting salary, and on top of this you will have access to our benefits package.
As a Graduate Analyst, you can expect:
• 5 week training program alongside global graduate counterparts from London and Europe
• Exposure to senior people and customers from an early stage
• The opportunity to make a real contribution early in your career to a growing business that values entrepreneurial and innovative ideas
• To work in an industry leading team
We strongly support your development. As a graduate, you’ll get support from the Analyst and Associate Network which will help to enhance your learning journey. The Network covers:
• Technical training across all product areas to develop your skills
• The opportunity to network with peers and senior leaders
• The development of the soft skills needed to be a success in your career
We pride ourselves on the professional support we offer our Graduates, and the friendly community our junior population have shaped.
As you progress through your career, you will be able to take advantage of a comprehensive suite of learning and training tools to develop the technical and business expertise you’ll need for success. Relevant FINRA examinations (e.g. Series 7, Series 63) will be obtained upon joining
To be eligible for this programme you will need to hold, or be on course to achieving, at least a 3.4 GPA in your degree.
We are looking for passionate people, and innovative thinkers with the drive to succeed. We are also looking for applicants who:
• Show a keen interest in financial/capital markets and demonstrate strong quantitative and analytical capabilities.
• Have the desire and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment within the structure of a large global bank.
• Have a track record of teamwork and leadership is preferable, as well as robust written and oral communication skills.
• Are a self-starter, detail oriented, motivated and hardworking - with a proactive approach to tasks and ability to generate ideas.
• Have the ability to code/VBA knowledge and/or prior internship in finance would be valuable.
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", “EEO is the law- Supplement” & “Pay Transparency Provision” posters here.