Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Risk & Controls Associate
- If you have a background in risk assessment, then join our team in helping to anticipate and assess the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- We’ll look to you to proactively drive the assessment and implementation of risk framework and policy compliance and changes, converting these into appropriate strategies and action plans
- In this highly collaborative role, you’ll have an ideal platform for building your network and advancing your career, while helping to create a safer environment for the bank
- This role is offered at Associate level
What you'll do
You’ll have the responsibility of supporting management in their identification and assessment of conduct and operational risks, and in determining their position relative to agreed appetites. Working with senior stakeholders across the bank, you’ll look to drive forward the development and delivery of remedial action plans where identified risks are considered out of appetite.
On top of this, you’ll be supporting a culture of proactive and pre-emptive risk management and continuous improvement, and the attainment of operational risk objectives.
You’ll also be:
- Analysing risk reporting and metrics used to inform decision making
- Educating teams on the operational risk framework and our conduct risk obligations, supporting the business in operating and embedding them
- Initiating and supporting thematic exploration, deep dives, read across and oversight of the risk profile linked to control and conduct failures and operational events
- Leading multiple teams and sub processes, with accountability on all team KPIs
- Managing a large-scale continuous improvement project cutting across departments
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need the ability to manage your own workflow, including that of direct reports to required deadlines. You’ll also need excellent communication skills in order to work well within the team, as well as being able to negotiate with, and influence, stakeholders across an organisation. Ideally you’ll have SME knowledge of market abuse risk.
You’ll also bring:
- The ability to assess business financial and credit risk for their respective portfolios or sectors
- Knowledge of wholesale lending policy and processes
- Financial and other risk analysis and problem solving abilities
- An understanding of the relevant financial products and current developments within the financial marketplace
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.