Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Model Risk Validation Officer
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven risk specialist to join us
- We’ll look to you to review and validate credit models relating to wholesale, portfolios across all business units and legal entities
- It's an ideal role to gain detailed exposure to the developing world of model risk, as well as to a range of stakeholders and senior executives
What you'll do
This role will see you undertaking data analysis to make sure that risks are adequately highlighted as well as assessing the models’ compliance with regulations, internal policies and standards. We’ll also look to you to perform sensitivity analysis to assess the adequacy of modelling or data assumptions, documenting all the analysis in a succinct and clear manner.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Preparing checklists for various validation activity to make sure that appropriate controls are established and consistently followed
- Undertaking in-depth assessments of the models’ subcomponents, making sure models are fit for purpose for their designated use
- Making sure that model risk management aligns with our model risk policy, and undertaking model risk assessments to identify potential risks
- Providing expert advice on aspects of risk management, including providing senior executives with relevant MI and reports, escalating concerns where appropriate
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with a quantitative degree and experience of developing, reviewing, validating and implementing analytical credit risk measurement tools covering IRB, IFRS9 and/or credit stress-testing models. You should have a sound understanding of Basel requirements and a good working knowledge of SAS and/or python..
We’ll also expect:
- Knowledge of IFRS9 standards
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to senior colleagues
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Excellent attention to detail
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.