Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Testing Programme Manager
- As a Testing Programme Manager, you’ll be developing and implementing testing and assurance capability on a wide variety of projects or programmes
- Empowering and leading a team through the project lifecycle, you’ll set team member objectives alongside our performance management framework and support capability development
- You’ll gain exposure as you manage stakeholder relationships with the business, technology and third parties, including to a senior level across multiple franchises and functions
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to produce detailed test strategy approaches that align to our processes and make sure the output quality from all testing meets the specified requirements. You’ll be accountable for test management, scheduling, execution and control including resource plans.
You’ll also be:
- Providing direction and leadership on all testing matters within the programme or project, including the adoption and compliance with bank-wide change standards
- Acting as a strong advocate in the support of improvement principles
- Acting both as a key stakeholder and key adviser in the overall delivery of the project or programme of work
- Undertaking end-to-end test management, including planning, risk, issue, dependency management, lessons learnt and governance
- Reviewing all key collateral relating to delivery and making sure it’s of sufficient quality and with no gaps or duplication
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with project management skills and a detailed knowledge of the full systems development lifecycle and key delivery stages. You’ll also need experience of leading an end-to-end testing capability and taking accountability for such deliveries.
In addition, you’ll demonstrate:
- ISTQB Test Manager or ISEB equivalent Certification, and experience of change governance frameworks
- Experience of leading a team of test resource, developing their testing capability and careers
- A proven background as a Test Manager or Test Lead in an Agile environment.
- Experience of delivering testing using Agile Methodology and associated toolsets
- Subject Matter Expert of testing on Payments systems and a deep knowledge of payments architecture, including Swift and Chaps
- In-depth knowledge of key testing methodologies, with the ability to influence and eventually lead thought process on methodology and governance
- Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Finance or Data Warehouse systems testing knowledge would be an advantage
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.