Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United States and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United States.
Regulatory Advisory / Compliance
NWM Regulatory Advisory / Swap Dealer and Broker-Dealer Compliance
Provide advice to Front Office and support functions in relation to the Dodd Frank requirements applicable to swap dealers and FINRA requirements applicable to broker-dealers.
Work closely with members of the US Legal & Compliance Department, as well as legal and compliance colleagues globally, to assist with remediation of gaps, deficiencies, or required enhancements to existing policies, processes and procedures and preparation of responses to regulatory inquires or audits relating to swap dealer and broker-dealer.
Recommend and implement changes to the swap dealer and broker dealer compliance programs, relevant policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
Review Dodd Frank supervisory control reports and assist with swap dealer trade surveillance.
Collaborate with internal conduct risk control functions to continually evaluate, establish and implement effective policies, procedures and controls.
Work closely with the US Head of Regulatory Advisory and US CCO to monitor, communicate internally, and assist in tracking and implementation of regulatory changes and industry developments impacting NatWest Markets business in the U.S. (including the non-US based Swap Dealer and the US broker-dealer).
Participate in various internal working groups, committees, and forums and provide regulatory updates.
Communicate and coordinate with counterparts globally throughout NatWest Markets Plc and NatWest Markets NV on regulatory matters and rule changes.
Participate in ad-hoc special projects and initiatives as needed.
Being a contributing team player in a challenging and evolving regulatory environment, incorporating a positive and flexible approach.
Representing Legal & Compliance Department’s interests and goals at internal meetings, committees and working groups and external functions as needed.
Having a positive working relationship with internal stakeholders and relevant regulators.
Developing and/or updating swap dealer and broker dealer compliance policies and procedures as the result of identified deficiencies, new or amended regulations and/or to enhance the overall effectiveness of the Compliance function.
Supporting the review and implementation of new swap dealer and broker-dealer regulations.
Investigating possible instances of non-compliance and escalating to appropriate teams/committees.
Identifying and communicating internally regulatory changes and industry developments impacting NatWest Markets business in the U.S.
Contributing to timely responses to regulatory inquiries or internal audit exams and assisting in effective remediation of all regulatory issues.
Scope of Role:
Ongoing review and implementation of changes to the swap dealer and broker dealer policies and procedures.
Advisory coverage of the NatWest Markets business in the U.S.
Identifying regulatory changes impacting NatWest Markets business in the U.S.
• Experience with diversified financial products/services within capital markets and banking as well as a focused understanding of the risks inherent in such activities, products and services.
• In-depth knowledge and comprehension of regulatory requirements and global regulatory and industry trends relevant to derivatives, specifically CFTC and NFA swap dealer rules and regulations and FINRA rules governing broker-dealers.
• Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as remediating existing ones.
• Ability to analyse regulations and determine impact to the firm.
• Ability to identify, research and define compliance requirements and develop appropriate policies and procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively and persuasively with front office and control functions to leverage available resources and talent to help drive remediation activities to completion.
• Ability to communicate with knowledge and credibility to all levels of management, including appropriate management committees or forums.
• Excellent writing skills and strong research skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and maintain positive attitude under pressure.
• Bachelor’s degree required; JD preferred.
• At least 5+ years of financial industry experience.
• Experience working within a legal or compliance function of a Swap Dealer on Dodd-Frank (Title VII) rules and regulations.
• Experience as a financial services regulator.
Technical Competence: What are the specific skills, knowledge and abilities required of the job /role?
• Understanding of securities and bank regulatory requirements over branch, broker dealer, corporate payments, anti-money laundering and derivatives activities.
• Understanding of regulatory risk management and regulatory expectations.
• Excellent PC Skills – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Project management experience in the area of regulatory compliance.
• Understanding of financial, operational and IT controls.
It is the policy of NatWest Markets Securities Inc. and its parent, affiliates and/or subsidiaries to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Opportunity Employer -Disabled/Veteran – review "EEO Is The Law", “EEO is the law- Supplement” & “Pay Transparency Provision” posters here.