Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in Poland and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Poland.
Join us as an API Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven API Engineer to take on an exciting new career challenge
- You’ll have the opportunity to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- It’s a chance to hone your existing technical skills and advance your career
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll engineer and maintain innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions.
You’ll be working within a feature team and using extensive experience to engineer software, scripts and tools that are often complex, as well as liaising with other engineers, architects and business analysts across the platform.
You’ll also be:
- Producing complex and critical software rapidly and of high quality which adds value to the business
- Working in permanent teams who are responsible for the full life cycle, from initial development, through enhancement and maintenance to replacement or decommissioning
- Collaborating to optimise our software engineering capability
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing our working code
- Working across the life cycle, from requirements analysis and design, through coding to testing, deployment and operations
The skills you'll need
You’ll need a background in software engineering, software design, architecture, and an understanding of how your area of expertise supports our customers. In addition, you'll need strong experience of Java 1.8+ and Spring Boot microservices, coupled with strong REST API knowledge. Ideally, you'll also bring Kafka and MongoDB experience.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis
- Coding experience in multiple programming languages
- Experience of DevOps and Agile methodology and associated toolsets and methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- A background in solving highly complex, analytical and numerical problems
- Experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance